The experience of healthcare missionaries is uniquely difficult. Delivering patient care in settings of dire need and limited resources causes many to struggle emotionally and spiritually on the field.
At MedSend we've seen these struggles up close for over 30 years. In response, we've designed a multi-faceted initiative to provide professional, relational and spiritual support to healthcare missionaries, it's called The Longevity Project.
Our design incorporates diverse programs that can be tailored to fit individual needs. It operates on an annual subscription basis heavily subsidized by donor support. The healthcare missionaries themselves decide which programs best fit their needs and spend their grant on those programs only.
If you are interested in supporting this initiative, please reach out to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boundaries are Biblical
The Longevity Project Resources
Recommended Reads and Studies:
- Team Covenant Sample
- Boundaries for Healthcare Missionaries
- Death in a Mission Hospital
- That Healthcare Missionaries Might Flourish
- PRISM in EMQ article
- Theology of Limits Final with permission for NKJV - 2023 Jack Sorg
- How to Protect Yourself from Moral Injury
- Lament and Grief Protocol: Created by two missionary doctors serving in a restricted location where they routinely experience work-related trauma and loss.
- Moral injury study and editorial in Christian Journal for Global Health:
Ritchie, J., Toppe, M., Lindberg, D., & Paltzer, J. (2023). Protecting Against Moral Injury among Healthcare Missionaries. Christian Journal for Global Health, 10(2), 3–5. https://doi.org/10.15566/cjgh.v10i2.861
Paltzer, J., Ritchie, J., Lindberg, D., Toppe, M., Theisz, A., & Van Brocklin, T. (2023). Moral Injury Among Western Healthcare Missionaries: A Qualitative Study. Christian Journal for Global Health, 10(2), 58–73. https://doi.org/10.15566/cjgh.v10i2.839
Get Involved by Giving Now
Your gift helps activate the movement of God's people to the field. Will you join us in ensuring that eager Christ-following health professionals are able to serve the Lord through global healthcare missions.